There was a discussion a while back about performance with the hoster 20i (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1626639680763454/posts/3926998727394193). I’ve been using Eco Web Hosting which is a reseller of 20i and had been running in to the same issues. I came to the conclusion that their CDN was frankly rubbish. I disabled and used the CDN from EWWW along with the Swis performance module. Performance got somewhat acceptable, but wp-admin activities and editing in Oxygen were slow. Crunch for me was on Monday where I started getting 500 errors related to PHP memory, on trying to edit any page. Nothing had changed and I was out of commission for more than 5 hours with no resolution.
Started to research new hosts and took out a reseller package with Stable Point. To say I am over the moon with them would be an understatement. I don’t normally post reviews, but I am so far thoroughly impressed with them. A migration of my site with 500 errors, worked immediately at Stable Point. Speed in wp-admin and in the Oxygen editor is so zippy, I think my productivity has improved 15-20% !! I am now moving all my sites over and will be closing my account with Eco.
Things I like about Stable Point:
* performance! (I’ve had TTFB’s down below 30 msec)
* 2GB of LVE RAM for each cPanel package you spin up
* Up to 2GB of PHP memory (if you want)
* Litespeed server
* Tons of configuration options within cPanel (which is more complex to get going than 20i StackCP admittedly)
* Twice daily backups which are stored offsite
* 24/7 support, and they did answer questions in the middle of the night
* performance (did I mention I’m really happy with their performance?)
Even without going in to GTMetrix, you can see and feel the difference:
* Old Eco/20i site: https://net4io.webxdesign.studio
* New Stable Point site: https://preprod.net4io.webxdesign.studio
(site still under development).
I’m in no way associated with Stable Point, but so happy with the switch, for a package which for my needs will work out cheaper than the 20i reseller package.
If you’re not happy with them, they do offer a 30 day money back guarantee.
For anyone staying with 20i/Eco, definitely recommend not using their CDN, web optimisations and disabling the stackcache plugin. I was using EWWW image optimizer (with CDN) and their Swis performance plugin. They havea LTD on AppSumo still.